First Application deadline was Friday February 2nd 2018Interviews are currently be scheduledApplications received after February 2nd will be interviewed, if there is still space, beginning March 26th, 2018Welcome to the North IB Program Website.Thank you for your interest in the IB program.
Applications for the 2018-2019 School year are now available.
Please click on the application link on the left of the screen.
The IB application is completely online now.
Old paper applications, recommendations, and/or essay will not be accepted.First Application deadline was Friday February 2nd 2018Applications received will be considered on a first come, first serve basis starting March 26th, 2018If you have any questions please email us at email@example.comOffice HoursMonday-Friday7:30 AM-3:30 PMWe have Facebook. Find us at NorthIBFacebookWHY CONSIDER THE IB PROGRAM?
- Focuses on preparing students for success in college.
- Increases college acceptance opportunities—many of the United States’ leading academic institutions grant students special considerations for having completed this rigorous college preparatory program.
- Prepares students for competence in all major academic areas.
- Results in opportunities for advanced standing or course credit at the college level.
- Promotes learning beyond current honors and Advanced Placement offerings.
- Promotes international understanding through a shared academic experience.
- Increases college scholarship opportunities.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR
Students will take one IB exam from each of the following six subject areas during the junior and senior years:
Language A (native language - English)
Language B (second language - Spanish or French)
Individuals and Societies (History or Anthropology)
Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
Elective (choice of a second science, a second social studies, a second foreign language, theatre arts,or visual arts)
IB DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS
During the junior and senior years students will take six IB exams, three at a higher level and three at a standard level. One exam will be taken from each of the six subject areas listed above. In addition, the diploma candidate must meet the following three requirements:
Complete an interdisciplinary course called Theory of Knowledge,
Prepare an extended essay reflecting independent research, and
Complete at least 250 hours of CAS hours (extracurricular activities that can be categorized as creativity, action, or service).