Note: The Phoenix Union High School District (PUHSD) is not currently accepting any new research proposals since we have met capacity for this school year. We will resume accepting research proposals on August 15, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year. If you have previously submitted your proposal these proposals will be reviewed by our team. Thank you.
GuidelinesYou may submit your research proposal by downloading and completing the “Request to Conduct Educational Research in the Phoenix Union High School District” form posted below.Here is some important information related to our processing of research proposals:
For some research proposals, you may need to get written parent and/or student permission. The Parental Letter of Permission Form below may be used as a guide or template.
- We give priority to proposals from PUHSD staff and proposals required by law or contract. Otherwise, we review proposals on a first-come, first-served basis, as the capacity of our staff permits. Once we meet capacity, we are unable to act on any additional proposals until the following semester.
- We only consider complete proposals, so please provide all information and attach all documentation (e.g., data collection tools) requested in the form.
- Submit your proposal at least 8 weeks prior to the expected start of research.
- A proposal must be educational in nature.
- We will not consider market-based proposals.
- A proposal must provide sufficient benefit to PUHSD to justify the cost. An acceptable proposal shall require only a minimal amount of PUHSD student and staff time.
- A proposal must be worded so it will not be construed as “offensive” by participants and/or the community.
Please refer questions about research proposals to the PUHSD Research Department at email@example.com