Welcome to AVID @ Carl Hayden!
“AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.”
What is AVID?
AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, is a college readiness system for elementary through higher education that is designed to increase schoolwide learning and performance. The AVID College Readiness System (ACRS) accelerates student learning, uses research based methods of effective instruction, provides meaningful and motivational professional learning, and acts as a catalyst for systemic reform and change.Do you have potential to be an AVID Student?
If so, apply for AVID!
- Are you determined to go to college?
- Do you want to build on your Academic strengths?
- Are you willing to put forth great effort?
- Are you ready to take Honor's and AP classes with support from the AVID Elective class?
- Do you need help getting organized?
- Are you ready to volunteer and help your community?
- Do you wish you had more support in school?
AVID @ Carl Hayden Application 2014-2015Visit a class:Ms. Gaffney's Class of 2014Ms. Temple's Class of 2015Ms. Barton's Class of 2016Mr. Zimmerman's Class of 2017